Part One – Earthquakes, Wars, and Famine
Here’s some food for thought regarding the Pre-Tribulation Rapture. There are many, many prophecies being fulfilled right before our eyes. Some of these things are things that have always happened from time to time (earthquakes, wars, famines, etc.), but with the exceptional strength and frequency that the natural thing are now happening and the extreme violence and potential for devastating long term consequences of regional conflicts makes these signs something to watch. Jesus said:
Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. . . . Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come, (Matthew 24:32-34 & 42, emphasis mine).
So it’s not just an earthquake here, a war there, famine in the usual places, but one right after another. And not only in the usual places, but in places that have always enjoyed a greater degree of safety. I encourage you to read all of Matthew 24 and 25 to really understand the context. Jesus was talking of the End Times, which are surely upon us. Hardly a day goes by without something terrible happening somewhere in the world—even in our own backyard:
- The increase in seismic and volcanic activity is global and devastating: Nepal, Pakistan, Indonesia, Haiti, and many more that could literally happen any time, like Tokyo, California, and Pompeii. Some places are actually overdue for a major earthquake or volcanic event.
- Global financial collapse is literally right around the corner. The Greek Eurozone exit, which is very likely, could cause a domino effect: Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, and Ireland. World economic giant China is facing trouble along with Indonesia, Ukraine, Puerto Rico, and others.
The United States is by no means immune. Our currency is not based on anything other than our reputation and the strength of our military. The massive US debt is at a point where it can never be repaid. The US has unfunded debt of $117 Trillion and it is continually climbing. The only thing the government can do is borrow money to pay the interest. What financial planner in her right mind would ever counsel doing such a thing? It’s a recipe for disaster. The US is literally one Katrina away from economic disaster. A major war (which looks imminent) could also destroy the economy. And if America goes, it would probably take the rest of the world with it.
- Climate change and corporate greed are diminishing food production. An annual change in just one degree of temperature will effect rainfall/drought conditions, and could spell a massive wipeout of crops. Genetic modification has given us seed that produces no seed, a corporate dream that has in turn effected the nutritional value of the food. In a world where we have always produced more than enough food to feed the whole world, global famine has now become a real possibility.
- Diseases the world never knew before have become a very real and immediate threat: Aids, Ebola, MRSA, and MERS. And to make matters worse there are now antibiotic resistant strains of historically less threatening diseases. I would not be surprised to know that these very diseases were created in a laboratory somewhere for the express purpose of population reduction. Consider Aids: the story is that Aids came from an infected monkey that bit a human. Hogwash! Monkeys have been biting humans ever since there were monkeys and humans. The Club of Rome and the Committee of 300, composed of the top 300 richest people in the world, have openly stated that the world’s biggest problem is over-population. Their solution is to reduce the global population by 80 percent. Eighty percent! That’s roughly 5.6 billion people that they want eliminated—dead!
- ISIS cells are springing up all over the Middle East and North Africa, and solitary ISIS terrorists have attacked in diverse places in the west, most recently killing Marines at a recruiting office in Chattanooga. ISIS is now trying to take over Gaza in an attempt to invade Israel. Israel is getting ready to launch a preemptive strike on Iran because of its nuclear buildup and continuing aggressive talk. Russia’s illegal invasion of Ukraine has continued, together with a massive buildup of opposing NATO forces in Eastern Europe. Tensions remain high between India and Pakistan. And Korean dictator, Kim Jong-un has proven himself capable of starting war over a movie—a movie for crying out loud! It is like the whole world has gone temporarily insane. The fallout from any one of these conflicts is potentially massive, long-lasting, and devastating.
And all this is going on while people are distracted by work and social media (see Social Evils Celebrated in Social Media), and world leaders are taking advantage of the distracted electorate and abandoning traditional godly values. They have turn their backs on Israel. And as if that wasn’t bad enough, there is video of Bohemian Grove, where world leaders gather every summer to perform a ritual sacrifice in effigy (they claim!) in a ceremony called the Cremation of Care. Bohemian Grove is said to be a place of rampant sexual activity of all sorts.
There are also so many reports of illuminati pedophilia and snuff parties attended by world leaders and the super-rich that there must be at least some grain of truth to it—especially given that there is actual video proof of the satanic doings at Bohemian Grove. Meanwhile ISIS has cut off the heads off so many Christians that there can be no doubt that the enemy (the puppet master behind the people doing these things) is using these barbaric practices to desensitize the world to the horrors that are to come.
Further desensitization comes from movies and television. Perhaps the increase in violent imagery, use of drugs, promiscuousness, softcore pornography (what they call softcore used to be called pornography), and bad language was so gradual that most people didn’t notice it. But I haven’t had a television in fifteen years, and I can tell you that there is a vast difference in what was permissible then and what is shown now. Some of the words and phrases that were forbidden just fifteen years ago are now spoken—uncensored!—by television children like Honey Boo Boo (am I the only one who’s shocked by this?).
The rabbit hole goes much deeper than this. If you’re ready to consider some things that will really remove the blinders and radically change your world view, stay tuned for Part Two. The world is spiraling ever downward, but God is good!