Throughout my childhood, my dad watched the nightly news religiously and read the newspaper, believing every word of it. When I was grown, my husband had the same daily habit of watching the television news and reading the newspaper. All my life the one constant that seemed reliable was the news. Like my dad, like my husband, I had believed that the news was a reliable source of current information.
Then I found out how wrong I could be. For me it started around 1967 with the publication of The Medium is the Massage by Marshall McLuhan. The premise of the book is the power of the media to effect people both individually and corporately. That book gave me my first clue that news could be used to manipulate. Of course, Hitler, Stalin, and Mao knew the power of the media to serve their purposes. They knew used propaganda as a way to gain and keep power.
Then in the 80’s columnist William Safire coined the term spin doctor. The Oxford English Dictionary defines spin doctor as: “a political press agent or publicist employed to promote a favorable interpretation of events to journalists.” Soon the journalists themselves took on the role of spin doctors for either the left or the right wing (back in the days when there was a difference between the two).
I learned firsthand about the media spin doctors when I, together with other members of our local Mother’s Club, was interviewed for a newspaper article about stay-at-home mothers. This was sometime in the early 90’s. The reporter asked me if it was a sacrifice to stay at home with my kids. I was innocently unaware that the question was loaded, and responded: “Of course it’s a sacrifice. You have to give up some things. But nothing could compare with being here to see my children grow.” She left out the last sentence of my statement. In fact, all of us were misquoted or had quotes taken out of context. The reporter had a feminist agenda, and it served her purpose to make it look like staying home with our children had created a hardship on our families. This reporter had made all of us sound like cry-babies because we had given up our nice offices, our extra income, and most of all our freedom. In fact, none of us had said anything even remotely like that.
I wrote a letter to the editor, complaining about being misquoted. My letter was acknowledged with a form letter. The error was never corrected. I felt so used.
I never really trusted the media again after that—and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. If I told you everything I believe that the media has lied to the public about, you would probably call me a conspiracy nut. One in particular involves Israel: the media conspiracy of negative spin for Israel. Every time a Palestinian is wounded or killed, it is reported as another Israeli atrocity. At the same time, all the Palestinian attacks are overlooked as not being newsworthy in the International press.
For example today Reuters published a picture of a young Palestinian man who accidentally set himself on fire while getting ready to throw a Molotov cocktail at Israeli troops. Here’s the photo and the caption:
Notice those words: protesters, compatriot, and clashes. It makes these guys sound like the anti-war peaceniks of the 1960’s. This young man is not some down-trodden protester whose rights have been denied. This is a would-be terrorist. If an Israeli had tried to do the same thing to the Palestinian guards, the media would have the world screaming in outrage.
Daily Israel is subjected to rocket attacks, bombs, shootings, and now stabbings and car attacks. Most of the attacks have come from Gaza and the West Bank—regions that Israel surrendered to the Palestinians in the hopes of finding peaceful coexistence.
Israel surrendered those lands despite the facts that:
- Palestine is not mentioned in the Koran—not once.
- The Holyland is mentioned in the Koran as “the land that was written by Allah to Israel.”
- The return of the Jews to the Holyland is foretold in the Koran (5:21 and 17:104).
- The Holyland was given to Abraham and his descendants through Isaac and Jacob (AKA Israel) by God as a permanent covenant about 4000 years ago.
- Palestine is not nor ever has been a sovereign country, despite the fact that it was under Arab rule for a couple thousand years—during which time they never established a Palestinian state, nor did the Palestinians ask for it.
- The Palestinians didn’t even choose their name. The name was given to the land by the Emperor Hadrian who wanted to punish Judea for its revolt in the first century.
- There is no Palestinian language.
- The Palestinian people had no national anthem until 1996 when it was adopted by the PLO (a terrorist group).
- Likewise, the Palestinian people had no flag until the “flag of the state of Palestine” was adopted by the PLO in 1964.
- Hamas (also a terrorist group) was founded in 1987, and is situated in Gaza and other Palestinian areas.
- Hamas’ charter calls for the “obliteration or dissolution of Israel.”
- Hamas has never rescinded their charter, and has no intention of doing so. Therefore:
- Hamas will never accept a two-state solution.
- Shortly after the Six Day War, the Arab states went to Khartoum, Sudan and came up with their famous Three No’s:
- No peace with Israel.
- No recognition of Israel.
- No negotiations with Israel.
Does that sound like people who are willing to share land and live in peace?
Attacks on Israeli citizens goes mostly unreported or is reported with the kind of slant that we see in the burning story above. Furthermore, Hamas and the PLO launch missiles from houses and schools, using women and children as human shields. This is why Israel doesn’t continually fire back. They could, but they want to keep civilian casualties to a minimum.
The Palestinians fake their body count for the media, too.
Now there’s the very real threat of the whole region going into nuclear war thanks to the Iran deal. Oh yes, I know that our politicians, news people, and even celebrities are saying that the Iran deal will make things safer in the region. But that’s a dangerously ridiculous assumption. The key selling point to the Iran deal is based on the assumption that it is the only alternative to war—it’s not. It also assumes that Iranians love their children, too, but there are plenty of Muslim mothers who have gladly sent their children to die as suicide attackers. There’s an important reason for this twisted mindset. Women are not promised a place in heaven. In fact, the only way that a woman can get into heaven under Islam is for one of her close relatives to die in jihad.
In addition, Iran has never changed its rhetoric about the United States being the Big Satan (or Israel the Little Satan). It won’t under this deal, either. Do you think that Iran has changed its mind about the Three No’s? Of course not!
Let’s take a look at the Iran agreement. The key points of the Iran deal are these:
- Iran is required to give up 97 percent of its enriched uranium—without which it is impossible to produce nuclear energy.
- Enriched uranium is also the necessary ingredient for a nuclear bomb.
- Iran will maintain the capacity to quickly increase its stockpile of enriched uranium.
- Iran will be allowed to continue producing enriched uranium, but required to decrease the purity of its uranium to very low levels—3.67 percent.
- A purity of 90 percent is required for making a nuclear weapon.
- Iran must keep to this low-purity level for fifteen years.
- Iran will be required to give up two-thirds of its centrifuges.
- Centrifuges are used to enrich uranium.
- Iran currently has 19,000 centrifuges, and will have to reduce that number to 5,000.
- Iran may maintain another thousand centrifuges for research.
- Iran will be required to keep the low number of centrifuges for ten years.
- After that it would take Iran a year to produce enough 90 percent pure enriched uranium to make a nuclear weapon.
- Lastly, there will be inspections.
- UN inspectors will be monitoring nuclear sites.
- Iran can challenge requests for access and deny access to military sites outright.
- The inspectors must provide a basis for concern in order to schedule an inspection.
- An Iranian challenge could delay inspection for up to twenty-four days—which is plenty of time to hide the evidence of violations.
- And for all this, Iran gets sanctions relief and the release of $150 Billion of frozen assets.
Under Islam, lying to infidels is considered a virtue. Of course they lied in order to seal this sweet deal and get all this jihad money released so that they can get on with their primary objectives:
- Kill all the Sunnis.
- Kill all the Jews.
- Kill all the Christians.
- Usher in the twelfth imam and establish a caliphate under him.
- Bring the whole world under Islamic rule.
Do you see what a terrible idea this is? It’s like leaving your teenage son at home for the weekend with a liquor cabinet full of alcohol and telling him “No parties! I’ll call the day before I come to check up on you.” Pardon my mixing the metaphor, but we’re leaving the foxes in charge of the hen house.
This deal grants Iran the right to keep its nuclear program, despite the facts that:
- Iran has continued for decades to proclaim its intention to annihilate the Jews and the Jewish state of Israel.
- Iran has also continued to proclaim and hold “Death to America” rallies.
- Iran continues to be the birthplace of worldwide terrorism.
- Iran has sponsored the deaths of thousands of American soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon.
- Iran has also sponsored the deaths of thousands of civilians on American soil (or have we forgotten 9/11?).
- The proponents of the Iran deal claim that it is The Alternative to War, which is a load of baloney because:
- The alternative was never war, the alternative was to continue tightening sanctions against Iran.
- The sanctions were weakening the Iranian regime and
- Reducing Iran’s ability to fund terrorist groups worldwide.
- The Iran deal greatly increases the probability of war by strengthening the regime both politically and financially.
- When expansionist regimes get richer they don’t spend their wealth on building their own nation, they spend it on expansion.
- They also claim that the Iran deal will bring Iran into the Community of Nations.
- That might work if Iran wanted to be in the Community of Nations, but they don’t.
- No other country in the Community of Nations is committed to the annihilation of another country.
- No other country is a bigger funder of worldwide terrorism.
- All these assumptions fail to recall who it is that makes up the Iranian regime:
- Boko Haram,
- ISIS, and
- Other, smaller terrorist groups.
- The Iranian regime has executed more people than any other nation except China, which has seventeen times the population of Iran.
- A woman has few rights in Iran, and is considered little more than chattel.
- Likewise infidels have few rights and are considered less than human.
- The alternative was never war, the alternative was to continue tightening sanctions against Iran.
It doesn’t take a whole lot of imagination to figure out what Iran will do with all that extra money. They have always put money into terrorist groups, and it’s stupid to think that they won’t go right back to doing exactly that.
Once the weapons embargo is lifted, what will Iran do? Again, it doesn’t take a lot of imagination to see them building up their arsenal, including nuclear weapons.
In conclusion here’s the latest assault on the Jews: UN Cultural Arm sets Vote on Designating Western Wall as Muslim Domain.
God said to Abraham, “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you,” (Genesis 12:3). It’s simple, even if the whole world is against Israel, if God is on their side, they can’t possibly lose. God is good!
 In fact, I believe that there are quite a few conspiracies going on out there, all having to do with setting up the New World Order (see The Rabbit Hole, Wormholes, and Other Crazy Stuff).